Gun Owners of America has learned that the FIRST gun bill that House Republicans will introduce is… NOT a pro-gun bill.
The bill would expand the FBI’s power to punish Americans who attempt to legally purchase a firearm from a commercial gun dealer by reporting them to Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
This is why gun owners can’t blindly trust Congress to fight for our 2A rights. We just ended Pelosi’s majority, but the new majority wants to use your gun rights as a bargaining chip in the border crisis.
That’s why we need the new House majority to hear what PRO-gun items they MUST prioritize instead.
Below are five major actions the House can take to protect our God-given rights:
- Stop allowing gun control in supposed “must-pass” legislation—and instead, use these bills as vehicles to restore the Second Amendment, to defund the ATF’s ability to infringe on the Second Amendment, and to repeal the 12-gun control items that were in December’s $1.7 trillion omnibus
- Pass the National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act and stop anti-gun states from flaunting the Supreme Court’s affirmation of the right to bear arms in public for self-defense
- Deregulate suppressors so that gun owners can better protect their homes without worrying about hearing damage for themselves or their families
- Pass the No Retaining Every Gun In a System That Restricts Your (REGISTRY) Rights Act to eliminate the ATF’s illegal, searchable, and centralized near-billion record gun registry
- Pass a Joint Resolution of Disapproval for the ATF’s upcoming ban on up to 40 million lawfully owned pistols and eliminate the underlying restrictions on short-barreled firearms that Biden weaponized with the Stop Harassing Owners of Rifles Today Act.
No matter what happens in the Speaker’s race, it’s clear that squishy Republicans are stuck having to make concessions to the constitutional wing of the party.
We need to use this moment of weakness from backstabbing Republicans to pile on demands from grassroots constituents like you.
But to be clear, our demands are simply that elected officials obey the oaths they took to uphold the Constitution and defend our God-given rights.
Unfortunately, House Republicans need that simple fact burned into their minds, which is why GOA needs your help bombarding them with letters outlining a pro-gun agenda for the new legislative session.