“Being armed with a deadly weapon and simultaneously thinking I am doing something ‘routine’ is simply impossible for me” ~ Frieling.
We all need to wake up!
A middle-aged Navy veteran, walking his dog right outside his own home in a “nice part” of Philadelphia, was precipitously attacked and severely beaten recently.
He required hospitalization and is lucky to be alive.
While hardly “unusual,” this event painfully reveals the current state of our civilization.
A few points:
- Assuming other people you meet every day will follow that same rule book you do is foolish in the naive.
- Your dog (when not specifically trained to protect you) represents zero deterrent to criminal violence.
- See one VCA(violent criminal actor)? Expect that he brought a friend or two.
- It is unlikely police will arrive in time to “save” anyone. In the above case, they didn’t arrive at all.
- The “fight of your life” may unfold on your doorstep, even inside your own home.
Some go armed only “when in the bad part of town.” Curiously, “the bad part of town” is always somewhere else.
They’re kidding themselves, dangerously, as we see.
6. Lightweight kit, carried on the person continuously, will beat heavy kit left behind every time.
“Opportunities presented to an unprepared person become a fairy tale of what might have been.” ~ Jeffrey Duarte.
About John Farnam & Defense Training International, Inc
As a defensive weapons and tactics instructor, John Farnam will urge you, based on your beliefs, to make up your mind about what you would do when faced with an imminent lethal threat. You should, of course, also decide what preparations you should make in advance, if any. Defense Training International wants to ensure that its students fully understand the physical, legal, psychological, and societal consequences of their actions or inactions.
It is our duty to make you aware of certain unpleasant physical realities intrinsic to Planet Earth. Mr. Farnam is happy to be your counselor and advisor. Visit: www.defense-training.com